Serenity Funeral Service
Work for a company that collaborates as a team and strives for the highest quality in client service to honour life. We offer an innovative environment for training and career development and other perks. We are looking for driven people to join our successful and growing company. Sound interesting? If so, you could you be our next Funeral Director/Embalmer.
The Funeral Director/Embalmer is responsible for consulting with the family of the deceased regarding all preparations and supervising funeral home staff. A successful person in this position has a high level of compassion and is able to handle a multitude of details with the utmost fairness, dignity and respect.
· Consult with the family of the deceased regarding the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains and funeral costs.
· Oversee the preparation of the remains, plan and schedule funeral services, co-ordinate burials and cremations and complete legal documents.
· Transfer, or arrange for the transfer of, the remains from the place of death to the funeral home.
· Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible.
· Issue death notices.
· Discuss and provide information regarding prearranged funerals including advising clients to schedule and discuss further with a prearrangement advisor.
· Supervise funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff.
· Perform cosmetic and restorative work on human remains.
· Perform all other necessary duties to arrange, schedule, coordinate and direct funerals, burials, and cremations.
· Provide information regarding all services including Estate Services (Final Document Service, DNA Memorial, Estate Fraud Protection, etc.).
· Perform general duties and maintenance around the office including; cleaning, bank deposits, snow shoveling, general maintenance of communal areas, stocking hostess supplies such as coffee, etc.
· Work the regular scheduled on call rotation of the employee’s base location which includes evenings and weekends, as well as answering the phones after business hours while on call.
What We Need From You:
· Licensed through the Alberta Funeral Services Regulatory Board (AFSRB).
· Clean drivers abstract and criminal record check.
· Proven customer service and excellent communication skills.
· High level of compassion and integrity.
· Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
· Strong ability with setting priorities and multi-tasking.
· Proven ability to effectively and accurately handle a multitude of details.
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and the ability to learn new software applications and programs.
· Strong team player.
We are hiring 1 position for Serenity Edmonton and Area
If you are interested in this position or you know of anyone who might be interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 9, 2017. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Oliver's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium
Grande Prarie, Alberta
Oliver’s Funeral Chapel & Crematorium is seeking a full time funeral director and embalmer for their fast growing funeral home and crematorium in Grande Prairie, AB.
What the area offers:
Located northwest of Edmonton, Grande Prairie the youngest city in Canada with a median age of 30.3. It is a strategic economic hub for the region offering excellent schools from K to 12 and a regional college, full hospital and medical facilities, recreational and cultural opportunities along with local and national retailers. The community is an excellent place for both families and career professionals.
What the successful candidate offers:
A self-motivated, reliable, flexible, caring and a compassionate individual who works well in a team environment. Our funeral home serves approximately 350 families per year and also operates a busy crematorium. Consideration will be given to both experienced and recently licensed graduates.
What Oliver’s offers:
Founded in 1915, Oliver’s has been servicing Grande Prairie and area for over 100 years. We are locally owned and operated and offer competitive wages and benefit packages, a monthly schedule with an on call rotation, and a supportive work environment.
If you are looking to for an opportunity to build your career in funeral service, please submit your resume with cover letter to Tracy McFee by email at email@example.com.
We thank everyone for your interest. No phone calls please.
Grace Gardens is growing and we are seeking caring and conscientious individuals to join our team.
We are a client-centered funeral service business that is known for service excellence.
We strive to challenge and support our staff to provide “the best” to the families we serve.
- Individuals are invited to apply who:
- Are caring and compassionate
- Are meticulous and organized in their work
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Are self-motivated
Are capable of meeting deadlines
- Value continuous learning
- Have a solid work ethic
- Can demonstrate competence in arranging/directing funerals and in embalming.
Please submit a resume with references to:
Grace Gardens Funeral Chapel
5626 - 51 Street
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A1
Call 780-645-2677 or 877-573-2677 for further information
**Resumes will be kept in confidence**