The Funeral Director is responsible for arranging and directing meaningful funerals by presenting creative and personalized options, creating an outstanding level of client family service and satisfaction. The successful candidate is a self-starter, works independently and effectively as part of a team and has exceptional communication and customer service skills. The Funeral Director will actively participate in the continued growth of the local market for this funeral home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All tasks associated with Funeral Directing and Embalming including, but not limited to arranging, directing and coordinating funeral services, visitation coverage and embalming. The successful candidate must:
- Be willing to relocate to or reside at a location amenable to management and maintain active involvement within the community and remain committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Meet and surpass the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Be willing to work in multiple locations
- Be willing to work on a scheduled basis with on-call requirements
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:How to apply:
• Graduate of a recognized funeral service education program and holds a valid Alberta Funeral Directors, and Embalmers License
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
• Ability to positively contribute to the team by communicating effectively and professionally with all team members, and client families
Qualified candidates are asked to email your resumé and a cover letter in confidence to Alexander Van Geest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (1 yr contract)
Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home
Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home, located in Edmonton, Albert has an opening for a high energy, and results oriented Licensed Funeral Director and or Embalmer to fill a 1 year contracted position.
Connelly- McKinley Funeral Home is a well-established family owned funeral home that has an exceptional relationship with their community.
The successful candidate should be a motivated and forward thinking team player who is passionate about delivering excellence in customer service and is dedicated to meeting the needs and surpassing the expectations of the families we serve. You understand that respectful service and attention to customer needs are integral to a continued relationship with our clients. You must possess outstanding communication skills, have a willingness to learn, know how to foster teamwork and can be relied upon for continued new ideas. To be considered for this exciting and challenging opportunity you must be a Licensed Funeral Director and or Embalmer.
You must have a proven ability to arrange, coordinate and direct funeral services, relate well to all kinds of people and have the ability to establish a strong presence and maintain goodwill within the community. In addition, I require that you possess a valid drivers license.
If you enjoy the challenge of working hard in a dynamic environment and are committed to success, I want to hear from you. If interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume no later than August 31, 2018 to the attention of:
Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home
10011 -114 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 1R5
Fax: (780) 488-2012
Oliver's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium
Grande Prarie, Alberta
Oliver’s Funeral Chapel & Crematorium is seeking a full time funeral director and embalmer for their fast growing funeral home and crematorium in Grande Prairie, AB.
What the area offers:
Located northwest of Edmonton, Grande Prairie the youngest city in Canada with a median age of 30.3. It is a strategic economic hub for the region offering excellent schools from K to 12 and a regional college, full hospital and medical facilities, recreational and cultural opportunities along with local and national retailers. The community is an excellent place for both families and career professionals.
What the successful candidate offers:
A self-motivated, reliable, flexible, caring and a compassionate individual who works well in a team environment. Our funeral home serves approximately 350 families per year and also operates a busy crematorium. Consideration will be given to both experienced and recently licensed graduates.
What Oliver’s offers:
Founded in 1915, Oliver’s has been servicing Grande Prairie and area for over 100 years. We are locally owned and operated and offer competitive wages and benefit packages, a monthly schedule with an on call rotation, and a supportive work environment.
If you are looking to for an opportunity to build your career in funeral service, please submit your resume with cover letter to Tracy McFee by email at email@example.com.
We thank everyone for your interest. No phone calls please.
Grace Gardens is growing and we are seeking caring and conscientious individuals to join our team.
We are a client-centered funeral service business that is known for service excellence.
We strive to challenge and support our staff to provide “the best” to the families we serve.
- Individuals are invited to apply who:
- Are caring and compassionate
- Are meticulous and organized in their work
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Are self-motivated
Are capable of meeting deadlines
- Value continuous learning
- Have a solid work ethic
- Can demonstrate competence in arranging/directing funerals and in embalming.
Please submit a resume with references to:
Grace Gardens Funeral Chapel
5626 - 51 Street
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A1
Call 780-645-2677 or 877-573-2677 for further information
**Resumes will be kept in confidence**